– REST 2 MIN-
– REST 2 MIN-
Zucchini noodles tossed in a light creamy sauce and topped with seasoned grilled chicken.
3 large zucchini spiralized
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon butter or avacado oil
4 thin boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon italian seasoning or equal parts dried garlic, oregano and basil
salt and pepper to taste
1 and 1/2 tablespoons flour
1 and 1/2 cups skim milk
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Heat 1 teaspoon of butter in a large pan over medium high heat. Sprinkle the italian seasoning and salt and pepper over the chicken.
2. Place the chicken in the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until chicken is fully cooked.
3. Remove the chicken from the pan and put on a plate. Cover to keep warm.
4. Wipe out the pan with a paper towel. Heat remaining tablespoon of butter over medium high heat. Add the flour and whisk until the butter and flour are thoroughly incorporated, about 1 minute.
5. Add the milk to the pan and cook, stirring constantly until thickened, 3-4 minutes.
6. Stir in the parmesan cheese.
7. Add the zucchini noodles to the pan.
8. Cook, stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes or until the zucchini noodles are tender. Add salt and pepper to taste. (I add a little garlic salt.)
9. Slice the chicken and arrange it on top of the zucchini noodles. Sprinkle with parsley and serve
9 Fun facts about today…